2024 Research Grant Information
and Request For Proposals
SCID, Angels for Life Foundation (SCID Angels) is announcing a call for research proposals for a one-time research grant to be awarded in 2024. SCID Angels, with ADMA Biologics, will award a grant with a maximum of $22,500, for one proposal. Our Research Program will fund a one year proposal based on the following:
Request For Proposals
Article I Areas of Interest
- New and innovative curative treatment approaches for Severe Combined Immune Deficiency (SCID) with the goal to improve long-term outcomes and/or reduce treatment related long-term complications, thereby improving quality of life post treatment.
- Innovative approaches aimed at improving the diagnosis, the treatment, or maintaining the treatment continuity of Severe Combined Immune Deficiency (SCID) patients, within marginalized communities. Marginalized communities are those excluded from mainstream social, economic, educational, and/or cultural life. Examples of marginalized populations include, but are not limited to, groups excluded due to race, religious affiliation, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical ability, language, remote location and/or immigration status.
- Special consideration will be given to projects aimed at reducing mortality and morbidity which target CMV and/or ways to maintain breastfeeding in un-transplanted or newly transplanted SCID infants.
Article II Conditions of The Grant
- Eligible applicants should hold a Ph.D. or M.D degree. Applicants should be full-time permanent faculty members or post-doctoral fellows with a degree in fields related to SCID including, Immunology, Hematology, Cell Biology, Medicine, Biochemistry, Translational Research, or a similar field, at a research institute within the United States or Canada.
- The project should be carried out within 1 year from initial funding.
- The Grant Recipient/Primary Investigator must make proper acknowledgements in any posters, presentations, seminars, or journal publications resulting from the work supported by SCID, Angels for Life Foundation. Both SCID Angels for Life Foundation and ADMA Biologics are to receive acknowledgements by stating “This project is supported by SCID, Angels For Life Foundation and by an Educational Grant from ADMA Biologics ”. The grant recipient will notify SCID Angels of any publications resulting from any work supported by the grant.
- The Grant Recipient/Primary Investigator must submit a final written progress report to SCID, Angels for Life Foundation at the conclusion of the award period. The recipient may also be asked to present the results of their research at a future SCID, Angels for Life board meeting.
- Permitted expenses include a contribution towards the salary of the primary investigator, co-investigators, and support staff, plus equipment and supplies specifically required to complete the project’s aims. In addition, the costs associated with the publication of the research are permitted. Institutional Overhead Payments (IOP) may be requested and should be included in the amount requested, IOP shall not exceed 7.5%: IOP will be paid out of the amount funded, not in addition to it.
Article III Application and Selection Process
- All applications must be submitted in English
- Required Documents:
- SCID, Angels for Life Foundation Research Grant Application Form
- Investigator Information
- Name and contact information of Primary and any Co-Investigators along with name and address of the Institution(s)
- Name of the party responsible for the research location, facility space, and/or equipment, if applicable
- Applicant’s Personal Information
- Summarize your training to date
- Comment on your specific clinical research interests, limit length to approximately 1 page
- CV of principal investigator
- A list of prior relevant publications may be included but is not required
- Detailed Research Proposal
- Project timeline including percentage of time dedicated to this trial
- Selection of Area of Interest
- Description of how the outcome of this research will support the Area of Interest
- Description: Outline the specific aims, background, methodology, purpose, and goals of the intended project
- Budget and Budget Justification, limit length to approximately 2 pages
- Additional Documentation
- Any additional documentation, if applicable including but not limited to documentation which shows approval by the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee for animal studies or by the Institutional Review Board for human studies from the grantee institution.
- Any additional documentation or approvals relevant to the project
Article IV Award and Disbursement
- 1) Complete and relevant proposals will be reviewed by the SCID, Angels for Life Research Grant Committee. Any conflicts of interest will be disclosed in the review minutes and will be reported on grant approvals.
- 2) Disbursement of funds will be made after execution of the grant agreement and approval by the institutions Grant Administrator.
How to Apply
Please download and complete the following documents
Download a copy of the RFP (PDF format)
Download the application form (DOCX fillable form)
Download a copy of the Letter of Verification (DOCX fillable form)
Complete all information and upload to the Grant Submission Page
Deadline for applications: 12/01/2023
Funding decisions made: 01/15/2024
Signing of Agreement: 01/29/2024 or later
Funding Available: 02/05/2024 pending approval and signing of agreement by all required parties and complete instructions for your method of funding
Inquiries: click here