Educational Scholarship for US Students Diagnosed with SCID
SCID Angels is pleased to announce The Aisha Chaudhary SCID Scholarship fund for undergraduate students, graduate students or those attending a trade school in the US who are diagnosed with Severe Combined Immune Deficiency (SCID).
For 2022 SCID Angels will be awarding a maximum of 3 scholarships of $5,000 per person.
This fund was created from generous donations made to SCID Angels for Life Foundation in memory of eighteen-year-old Aisha Chaudhary, who died from complications of SCID in 2015. Aisha touched the hearts and minds of so many people during her eighteen years here on earth but her legacy lives on. Before her death, Aisha became a published author. During the last few months of her life, she spent most of her time lying in bed, too weak to get up. It was during this time that she decided to write down her thoughts and capture her feelings on paper through doodles. “In the book, My Little Epiphanies she takes a hard look at her own feelings and what gave her a sense of hope and control.” To learn more about Aisha and her family’s story, watch the film “The Sky Is Pink” on Netflix, I promise you won’t be disappointed. Her motivational talks at two international platforms including TEDx and INKtalks can be found below:
Anyone wishing to make a contribution to the Aisha Chaudhary SCID Scholarship Fund can do so now by clicking the Donate button below or by writing a check payable to SCID, Angels for Life Foundation and mailing their contribution to:
Aisha Chaudhary SCID Scholarship Fund
C/O SCID Angels for Life Foundation
2424 Heritage Lakes Court
Lakeland, FL 33803
How much is the scholarship?
- Maximum amount of scholarship: $5,000
Who can Apply?
- Applicants must have a confirmed SCID diagnosis and be prepared to show proof of diagnosis
- Applicants must reside in the United States
- Applicants may be a currently enrolled full-time or part-time in undergraduate or graduate student at an accredited two- or four-year college, university or vocational-technical/trade school, and must provide proof of enrollment for the Fall semester of the current year
- For 2022, prior recipients may submit an application, but will be considered only after first time applicants. After 2022, prior recipients will not be considered
Do I need to write an essay?
- Applicants are required to write a one page essay describing their field of study and their aspirations or plans for how to utilize their degree or certificate
When can I apply?
- Applications Accepted: March 1st through June 30th for the Fall semester
How and when do you announce the recipients?
- Scholarships will be awarded within 4 weeks of the application deadline
- Recipients will be notified via email
How will the scholarship be disbursed?
- Scholarship checks are made out directly to the student receiving the award